Retrieve a connection attribute value from a given connection. This function is available via the taskpane as well as directly via the cell “=APCONNATTR(…)”.
We recommend configuring this formula using the ‘Read Connection Attribute‘ task pane.
The function returns the connection attribute value of a given connection. The connection must be configured in the Automation Portal Historian before the connection can be read in Microsoft Excel.
Connection – Specifies the connection name of the desired connection. The connection name must be exactly the same as configured in the Automation Portal ‘Historian’
Attribute – Specifies the attribute value of the connection. Following options are possible:
- NAME – Returns the name of the given connection.
- DESCRIPTION – Returns the description field of the given connection.
- ENABLED – Returns whether the given connection is enabled or not.
- IDENTIFIER – Returns the identifier field of the given connection.
- LOCATION – Returns the location field of the given connection.
- CONNECTION_TYPE – Returns the connection type of the given connection.
- ADDRESS – Returns the address parameters of the given connection.
- TIMEOUT – Returns the timeout parameter of the given connection.
- STATUS – Returns the status of the given connection.
Options – Specifies custom options given by the task pane. Default value is 0.